January 22, 2008

A Little Something To Remind Me of Joe Joe in Little Rock

Today marks the beginning of a 12 day stretch of traveling and being away from home and the people I care about. My trip took me from from Sioux Falls to Little Rock, AR with a quick stop in Chicago in between. After some worries of not getting to "The Rock" as scheduled, the great people who work behind the scenes at Chicago's O'Hare International Airport got me and thousands of others to their destinations around some windy weather today. I guess I should have paid more attention to the brilliant minds that work in the weather department at KELO but life is short and I don't want to waste my time listening to Howdie Doodie and a guy named Jay tell me about Canadian clipper systems.
Howdie Doodie

A guy named Jay who gets excited about clipper systems

After checking in to my spacious room at the downtown Double Tree in Little Rock I unpacked a few things and remembered that there was a little piece of Joe that I brought along with me on my trip.
My spacious room at the Double Tree
Last night at dinner him and I had a conversation about him being the "man of the house" while daddy is away on business. I asked him if I could take one of his toys with me and he decided on the "Magic Carpet" from the movie Aladdin.

Now I would prefer to be at home with Amy and the boys right now. But if I do have to be away from home I'm glad I have this little piece or rubbery-plastic with me to remind me of Joe Joe. Not only that, but it gives Joe something to think about as well. I'm sure he is going to have all sorts or questions for me when I come home about my travels with his "Magic Carpet". As you can see, I am taking care of "Magic Carpet" while in Little Rock. He is resting comfortably in my bed as I blog.

So rest easy Joe Joe, "Magic Carpet" & Daddy are having a great time in downtown Little Rock!
Downtown Little Rock @ Night

No comments: